System Search is currently recruiting for experienced Direct Bill Accountants for multiple North Carolina locations including:
The Direct Bill Accountant provides Accounting support to major Financial Accounting areas, including Accounts Payable, General Ledger Accounting, and Account Reconciliation.
Responsibilities of Direct Bill Accountants:
Processes benefits, personal, and/or commercial lines direct bill commissions. Searches customer and policy numbers and enter premiums and commissions received from insurance carriers.
Processes intercompany journal entries and commission re-classes and manages the direct bill receivables report.
Reconciles direct bill general ledger accounts to ensure all monies deposited are appropriately recorded in the general ledger.(and all commission statements have been posted.
Maintains the Monthly Revenue Log, Carrier Website Login spreadsheet, and DB commission statement folders.
Communicates with carriers to obtain commission statements and pulls monthly statements from company websites.
Reconciles Direct Bill General Ledger for month end closing and clear any outstanding items
Researches & Resolves Direct Bill posting issues with outsourcing company and returning to them in a timely manner
Direct Bill Accountant Qualifications & Experience:
- BA in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred
- Advanced course work in bookkeeping and accounting
- Basic knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial service industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Word and Excel.
- Advanced interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication.
- Advanced problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Willingness to assist internal and external customers with any concerns.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.