NORTH CAROLINA LOCATIONS
System Search is seeking an Insurance Service Agent for North Carolina locations including:
Our Service Team is responsible for maintaining solid Customer relationships by handling Customer inquiries and concerns with speed and professionalism through daily interaction with Customers, Insurance Carriers, and fellow Employees while conducting specific Service and Marketing activities.
Insurance Service Agent responsibilities include:
- Provides Service to existing Clients related to updating Policies, providing Quotes, taking Payments, answering Questions, and providing Documentation.
- Answers Customer Calls and Correspondence regarding new or existing Insurance Policies and Service all Claims which include regular and after-hour Claims.
- Works with new Clients or supports a Producer in an effort to understand their needs, gathers necessary data, researches Policy options, presents options, finalizes and binds New Coverage, cancels old Policies, and negotiates with Carriers when necessary.
- Sets Appointments and/or Client Calls or supports a Producer to review existing Policies, reviews Liability limits and exposures, explores other Coverage needs, evaluates Replacement Costs, rounds out Accounts, and binds Renewals.
- Confers with Customers to provide detailed information about Products and Services, quotes New Business, processes Renewals and/or cancels Accounts, takes Payments, and provides requested documentation.
- Resolves Product or Service issues by clarifying the Customer’s concern, determining the cause of the issue, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the issue, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Reviews Audits or Policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between Client and Carrier.
- Maintains Records of Customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, and actions taken in the Agency Management System.
Ideal Qualifications & Experience of Insurance Service Agent:
- Holds a North Carolina P&C license and has a minimum of two years Commercial Lines Insurance Account Management experience or comparable work experience and education.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Insurance Products and Usages, Rating Procedures, Underwriting Procedures, Coverages, and Industry Operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned Clients and Prospects.
- Demonstrates strong Customer focus and an excellent phone manner; displays strong written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent math and reading skills to perform calculations.
- Possesses a sense of urgency, attention to detail, organization, multi- tasking, and follow up skills and the ability to handle difficult situations with Customers and solve complex problems without direct supervision.
Other Job Titles considered include Account Manager, Account Executive, Customer Service Representative, CSR, Account Representative, Account Specialist, Account Associate, Client Relationship Manager, Client Engagement Specialist