System Search has an immediate opening for a Group Benefits Account Manager in the Boston, MA area. Candidate interacts with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. The Account Manager will research, analyze, and evaluate medical, life, disability and other benefit plans and act as a benefit advisor to clients. This role requires the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for clients. The Account Manager will have indirect supervision of team members, review work for accuracy and delegate work and projects to other members of the team to ensure client deliverables are completed timely and accurately.
Responsibilities of the Group Benefits Account Manager:
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and wholesalers.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with clients; Act as the subject matter expert on Health & Welfare Benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Maintains a project plan to ensure client deliverables are provided on time. Delegates work to more junior team members to ensure completion.
- Uses online carrier tools to develop quotations, prepare, pre-renewal information and update client proposal tables. (small market only) Understand and articulate alternative funding strategies. (large market only)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, companies and clients.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues
- Maintain relationships with carrier representatives in order to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients.
- Anticipate client needs and identify the strategies to solve them.
- Review request for proposals and insurance plan analyses, negotiate with carriers and recommend renewal actions. Oversee implementations of new business.
- Understand and articulate alternative funding strategies.
- Work with director to develop and execute client strategy plan and defined deliverables.
- Oversee open enrollment process for clients; Review employee presentations and communication materials.
- Conduct and present annual client compliance audits.
- Genuine understanding of client financial mechanics and projections.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues. Explain legislative guidelines including COBRA, HIPPA, ERISA, Section 125, and Health Care Reform to clients; Keep clients aware of updates on relevant
- Interpret plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs)
- Review the work of the Account Managers on the team and provide informal mentorship to them.
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (Salesforce) in a timely manner.
Ideal Qualifications & Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than 5 years industry and product line experience.
- 4+ years of health and welfare consulting experience required.
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required.
- GBA or CEBS Certification a plus.
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Other Job Titles considered include Account Executive, Customer Service Representative, CSR, Account Representative, Account Specialist, Account Associate, Client Relationship Manager, Client Engagement Specialist