We have an immediate opening for an Employer Benefit Account Manager for a remote position. The Account Manager serves as the business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The individual in this position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality. In addition, this person will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The Account Manager projects a professional company image through all interactions with clients, insurance carriers, colleagues and others.
Responsibilities of Employer Benefit Services Account Manager will be to:
- Leads projects, deadlines and meetings utilizing project management tools.
- Ensures compliance with professional standards including templates, client calendars and peer review.
- Assists with developing employee communication strategy and the execution of this strategy including management of the open enrollment process.
- Responsible for engagement letter process including the confirmation of our specific scope of services, compensation type and level, project timeframe and required data.
- Accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts.
- Responsible for establishing necessary carrier/vendor relationships with appropriate contacts to serve clients in handling all administration of eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, plan changes and necessary amendments.
- Resolves client issues via phone or email. May delegate issue to the analyst. If the analyst cannot resolve the issue, the individual will contact carriers and vendors on behalf of the client to resolve these issues.
- Works directly with the client and manages the request for proposal (RFP) process with the health insurance carriers and internal analyst.
- Compiles health benefits information from a variety of sources (such as hard files, electronic files, the client and carriers), responses from the carriers and the data in a spreadsheet template (customization depends on client plan types, funding, rate structure, etc.), reviews the transparency documents (compliance documents required for completion of all health and benefits work); maintains all appropriate documents in proper files.
- Peer reviews RFP information, analyzes and interprets the results, edits and finalizes the executive summary report to present to the client.
- Reviews claim and utilization data from insurance carriers on a monthly/quarterly basis that has been input into a standardized report template by the analyst; analyzes and interprets data for trends; peer reviews customized, client ready reports; submits report to client and replies client questions.
- Reviews Summary Plan Description (SPD), plan documents and 5500s for compliance and compares to benefits that were sold to the client. Ensures benefits are accurately reflected and information is included where appropriate. Follows up with the carriers to ensure changes are reflected.
- Generates new sales through existing clients and client referrals in accordance with the sales plan. Introduces other Company products and services to clients.
- Gathers health and welfare benefits data from a national survey, enters it into a template and compares client’s plan information to other companies by industry or geography. Interprets results and presents the information to the client.
- May coordinate the work of others.
Ideal Employer Benefit Services Account Manager candidates have the following:
- A Life Accident & Health Licenses from state of domicile is required and must be maintained
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ account management experience in the insurance industry with a focus on Accident and Health lines of coverage is required.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills for both in-person and teleconference/webinar sessions
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of lines of coverage for employee benefit plans: medical, dental, life, long-term disability (LTD), short-term disability (STD), accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), vision, etc.
- Must understand R.A.F. (Risk Adjustment Factor) and the components to how rates are created, maintained and delivered on new business and renewals.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required to maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and others.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, PowerPoint and Word). Computer literate and able to learn new software applications, such as online benefit enrollment programs and carrier enrollment sites.
- Strong knowledge of the rules and regulations associated with HIPAA, COBRA, Health Care Reform and all other legislation and compliance related areas to Group Health programs.
- Strong knowledge of insurance markets, products, services, insurance ratings and underwriting.
- Valid driver’s license, the ability to travel to client sites and a reliable source of transportation.