System Search is currently recruiting for Commercial Lines Insurance Account Managers for Charlotte, NC.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Lines Account Manager include:
- Handles workers’ compensation claims caseload from inception to final settlement from original set up to end of claim
- Responsible for performing a factual investigation of claim.
- Sets reserves and determine compensability.
- Communicates daily with claimants, medical personnel, and representatives from housing authorities for updates.
- Pays weekly lost time claims and medical bills.
- Assigns rehabilitation referrals and legal representation as needed.
- Coordinates with nurse case managers, vocational counselors, attorneys, and professional surveillance services to bring claims to a conclusion.
- Updates claims information into Riskmaster Claim’s System to include medical notes and daily activity.
- Transmits medical bills to bill review vendor, scan, and attach medical bills to claim.
- Subrogation against third parties.
- Attends IC hearings or mediations, if required.
- Settles claims within established dollar authority – $50,000 (settlement/reserve authority established by management). All claims above settlement authority are approved by Sr. Mgr.
- Closure of claim (and all items necessary for closure, i.e., payment, forms, hard copy of file).
- Transmits Medicare Secondary Payer through ISO Navigator.
- Provides status of claims at staff meetings and board meetings when requested.
- Attends educational seminars, safety seminars, and classes as assigned.
- Performs “Special Project” work when requested by Management.
Ideal Requirements of the Commercial Lines Account Manager:
- High School Diploma, Minimum 2 years college
- Claims Experience, 1+ years desired
- Adjuster License for the State of North Carolina
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills and accuracy / neatness of work
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Other Job Titles considered include Account Executive, Customer Service Representative, CSR, Account Representative, Account Specialist, Account Associate, Client Relationship Manager, Client Engagement Specialist