System Search is currently recruiting for a Commercial Lines Account Manager for the Summerville, SC area. The Account Manager manages the client relationships and strategically assists with technical and complex insurance needs to ensure a high level of client retention. They have full binding authority with various insurance companies and remain knowledgeable of advances in the insurance business as well as keeping abreast of the types of insurance products available.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Lines Account Manager include:
- Serves as main point of contact for the client. Addresses client questions, provides guidance on appropriate coverage changes and/or contractual requirements, educates client on exclusions and exposures.
- Assists with the strategic design of insurance plans for clients with little to no supervision
- Acts as field underwriter and authorized representative of the insurance carriers in order to determine whether or not coverage should be bound. Binds coverage as appropriate.
- Strategically assists in the remarketing of renewals to ensure a high level of account retention.
- Oversees the preparation of proposals for the client, including, but not limited to submissions, loss evaluations and risk analysis to ensure timely and accurate quotations and policies. Determines and communicates various options for billing and invoicing.
- Prepares summaries of insurance and schedules. Supports client needs by accurately producing binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items.
- Assures policies are accurate and renewed in a timely manner
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims by obtaining adjusters and/or arranging a visit from a member of the claims Facilitates the prompt response from carriers and their staff in an effort to work toward a settlement of all claims.
- Reviews policy audits and verifies their accuracy. Confirms necessary corrections between the client and the carrier are executed. Proactively communicates with client any significant audit differences and determines the need for further action.
- Reviews cancellations and determines reason for cancellation requests with an attempt to save client accounts, as appropriate, while maintaining the company’s financial equity.
- Stays abreast of industry information, new products, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge, performance and services to clients.
- Quickly identifies and resolves complex client service issues.
Ideal Requirements of the Commercial Lines Account Manager:
- Commercial Lines Insurance experience including Coastal Exposure knowledge
- College Degree Preferred
- Property & Casualty license
- Preference given to individuals that have insurance designations (CISR, CIC, CPCU)
- AMS360 Experience
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- In depth understanding of advanced commercial lines of coverage with ability to advise clients concerning their complex insurance needs
Other Job Titles considered include Account Executive, Customer Service Representative, CSR, Account Representative, Account Specialist, Account Associate, Client Relationship Manager, Client Engagement Specialist