SOUTH CAROLINA LOCATIONS
System Search is currently recruiting for a Claims Advocate in the following locations in South Carolina:
In the event of a claim for a customer, the Claims Advocate serves as the liaison between the customer and the carrier to provide the best possible claims service. The role of the Claims Advocate is to help the client navigate through the claims process with a focus on bringing claims to a resolution and protecting the customer’s best interest.
Responsibilities of the Claims Advocate include:
- Gathers Claim information, reviews coverages with customers, and encourages and provides information for the customer to report Claims directly to the carrier. Consults with customer on the importance of prompt reporting, return to work, and risk management issues.
- Works directly with Claims Adjusters to address issues, coordinates conference calls, as needed, and provides the customer with resolutions.
- Keeps Claim information updated in Agency Management System with information for Carrier websites and from information received from the Adjuster throughout the process.
- Notifies Carriers and Company Producers involved when there is a lawsuit.
- Works with Claims Adjusters to ensure appropriate reserve levels are set for effective resolution.
- Reviews large Loss Claims and works with Claims adjusters to identify possible reserve.
- Notifies Company Producer for any reserve increases over $25,000.
- Submits and documents FR10’s.
- Interacts, communicates, and collaborates with staff, sharing information and time as needed
- Adheres to all Company Policies and Procedures
Ideal Requirements of the Claims Advocate:
- 5+ years experience with Commercial Lines or Personal Lines Insurance in Claims or Account Management role.
- Current SC Insurance Agent and/or Adjuster license.
- College degree and/or industry designations preferred.