System Search is currently recruiting for a Remote Premium Accountant position based in the Stuart, FL area to perform complex accounting activities relating to maintenance of complete and accurate general ledger and subsequent managerial reports & financial statements for assigned Business units. The person in this position is also responsible for ensuring integrity of account information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering accounting transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Reconciles monthly bank account and balance sheets for all assigned business units.
- Analyzes revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries Communicates and assists in resolution of discrepancies from sub ledger reconciliations. Participates in month-end close activities including the preparation and review of journal entries for assigned business units.
- Assists management with special projects, requests for financial information from business unit leaders and ad hoc reporting.
- Assists in preparing consolidated monthly financial reporting.
- Prepares monthly cash flow and other financial forecasts.
- Prepares schedules for year-end audit for independent external auditors. Researches issues, clarifies information, and prepares supporting data.
- Coordinates more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
- Excellent problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines
Qualifications & Experience:
• AA or BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or Statistics preferred
• 2 years finance and accounting experience
• Agency Insurance knowledge a plus