System Search is currently recruiting for a senior accountant for a remote position. The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the subsequent managerial reports and financial statements for assigned business units. The person in this position is also responsible for ensuring the integrity of account information by recording verifying, consolidating, and entering accounting transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Reconciles monthly bank account and balance sheets for all assigned business units.
- Analyzes revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries Communicates and assists in resolution of discrepancies from sub ledger reconciliations. Participates in month-end close activities including the preparation and review of journal entries for assigned business units.
- Assists management with special projects, requests for financial information from business unit leaders and ad hoc reporting.
- Assists in preparing consolidated monthly financial reporting.
- Prepares monthly cash flow and other financial forecasts.
- Prepares schedules for year-end audit for independent external auditors. Researches issues, clarifies information, and prepares supporting data.
- Coordinates more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
- Excellent problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines
Qualifications & Experience:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or Statistics preferred
- Advanced course work in bookkeeping and accounting
- 5+ years finance and accounting experience
- Agency Insurance knowledge a plus