HYBRID / REMOTE
System Search is currently recruiting for a Premium Accountant for Hybrid or Remote Position. The Premium Accountant is Responsible for the accurate and timely posting of Cash Receipts – payments from our customers. Facilitates the process of Return Premium processing to Customers or Finance Companies. Works closely with internal Account Managers to clear Cash on Account. Collaborates with the Account Managers to research and respond to discrepancies with Customer payments and invoicing. Identifies opportunities to improve workflow process and procedures. Creates monthly Accounts Receivable analysis on outstanding over 90 items. Trains new employees regarding Company Accounting processes and procedures.
- Reviews all Banking Transactions for appropriate documentation.
- Application of Cash Receipts are to be applied accurately in accordance with Customer payment.
- Responds to all CSR/Company inquiries.
- Processes refunds of premium and correspondence relating to refunds.
- Reconciles carrier statements, researches and corrects discrepancies on Net Return Premium.
- Partners with month end closing.
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Oversees Bank Accounts.
- Creates and maintains correspondence for the payment of administrative fees, commissions, access fees and overpayments.
- Is responsible for making sure that premium is handled in a smooth, timely manner from when it is received for processing to the booking and closing of transmittals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Finance and Accounting Experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial service industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations associated with HIPAA.
- Advanced analytical and mathematical skills.
- Advanced problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Willingness to assist internal and external customers with any concerns.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.