NORTH CAROLINA LOCATIONS
System Search is currently recruiting for Direct Bill Accountants for North Carolina Locations including:
- Hickory, NC
- Charlotte, NC
- Mooresville, NC
- Raleigh, NC
The Direct Bill Accountant will provide Accounting support to major Financial Accounting areas, including Accounts Payable, General Ledger Accounting, and Account Reconciliation.
Responsibilities of Direct Bill Accountant:
- Processes benefits, personal, and/or commercial lines direct bill commissions. Searches customer and policy numbers and enter premiums and commissions received from insurance carriers.
- Processes company commission due statements. Requires research to ensure funds have not already been paid to carriers; and initiate payments to carriers when necessary.
- Processes intercompany journal entries and commission re-classes and manages the direct bill receivables report.
- Reconciles direct bill general ledger accounts to ensure all monies deposited are appropriately recorded in the general ledger.(and all commission statements have been posted.
- Maintains the Monthly Revenue Log, Carrier Website Login spreadsheet, and DB commission statement folders.
- Communicates with carriers to obtain commission statements and pulls monthly statements from company websites.
- Communicates with company personnel to resolve discrepancies and exceptions and to verify policy and commission information.
- Reconcile Direct Bill General Ledger for month end closing and clear any outstanding items
- Post Direct Bill commission entries and commission download entries as needed
- Research & Resolve Direct Bill posting issues with outsourcing company and returning to them in a timely manner
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned.
Direct Bill Accountant Qualifications & Experience:
- BA in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Statistics preferred
- Advanced course work in bookkeeping and accounting
- Finance and accounting experience preferred
- Insurance experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial service industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Word and Excel.
- Advanced analytical and mathematical skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication.
- Advanced problem solving, relationship management and critical thinking skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meetings and deadlines.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative work environment.
- Willingness to assist internal and external customers with any concerns.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.